Golf rules under Covid level 3
- 31 August 2021
- Peter Watson
Hi fellow golfers,
The good news is that we can resume playing golf from 9am tomorrow (Wed Sept 1) after the easing of Covid restrictions from level 4 to level 3. However, just like last year there are some strict protocols that must be followed to satisfy the authorities and to keep people safe.
* You can only play with people in your bubble. For most people that will just mean family members and won’t include friends and colleagues so don’t try to bend the rules. No more than four to a group.
* You must book your round in advance through the golf shop by ringing 5487301 or emailing email@example.com. The golf shop will be open for bookings from 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. If you turn up without a valid booking you will be turned away.
* Bookings for play will be taken only from 9am to 4.30pm daily, with groups teeing off at 10 minute intervals from No 1 tee only.
* You will be limited to playing just the front 9 holes to give as many people as possible the chance to play and to minimise the chance of groups mixing.
* You must arrive on time ready to play and leave the course immediately after play. You will be permitted a 5-minute warm-up period only before tee-off to prevent people mingling at the start.
* You must scan in the QR code at the shop using your mobile phone on arrival and/or provide your contact details to the golf shop staff.
* You must wear a mask around the golf shop and practice putting area, but can take it off once you cross the bridge.
* The clubhouse and golf shop are closed to everyone except essential staff. You may collect your golf gear from the locker room – which will be open - but please wear a mask when doing so and keep 2m away from anyone else.
* All golf shop transactions will be done through the sliding window. Please use a credit/eftpos card and avoid paying with cash. Staff will be wearing gloves and masks to protect themselves.
* No scorecards will be issued prior to play nor returned after play. No scores will be accepted by the NZG handicapping system at Alert Level 3
* Players must maintain a minimum distance of at least two metres between themselves and other players on the course who are not in their bubble.
* Equipment cannot be shared. There will be no hireage of golf carts or golf equipment.
* All pins / flagsticks will be removed from the course and the cups turned upside down. Putts within 60cm (2 feet) are to be given.
* All bunker rakes will be removed from the course. All drinking fountains and ball washers will be closed.
Playing golf under level 3 is a privilege so don’t abuse it and follow the rules. That way we keep everyone safe and the golf course open.
Thanks for your patience and cooperation.