Golf rules under level 2
Hi fellow golfers,
With the move down to level 2, we are able to ease slightly some of the playing restrictions and reopen the clubhouse but under strict conditions:
* Club competitions resume, with the Golden Oldies on Thursday (Sept 9) playing a nett round off the front 9 teeing off from 10am. Because the Old Hickory is also being played on this day, the second round of the Laurie Ashby Cup will now be played on Sept 16 to give as many people as possible the chance to enter.
* On Saturday (Sept 11), we play the first round of qualifying for the club champs off the blue tees from 10am. It will also double as a Barkman Trophy and Shootout round. There will be further qualifying rounds on Sept 18 and 25. You must play two of the three rounds to be in with a chance of qualifying for the quarter-finals on Oct 9.
* Whether you are playing a competition or not everyone must still book a tee time if they want to play. You can do this by ringing the golf shop 5487301, emailing email@example.com or doing it online through Dotgolf. You cannot just turn up. You are now able to play 18 holes.
* For those in competitions, please enter at least the day before. Where possible the draw will be posted on the golf shop window in advance.
* You must play in groups of no more than four. Golden Oldies will play in groups of three where possible.
* Groups will tee off at 10-minute intervals from No 1 tee, except for competitions which will resume using multi-tee starts.
* If you have any cold or flu symptoms, however minor, or are just feeling a bit off-colour, please stay away and get tested. Don’t endanger others.
* Please observe 2m physical distancing and don’t mix and mingle on the putting green or on tee blocks. We recommend you still wear a mask before and after your round.
* Please scan in on arrival and make sure you give the golf shop staff your contact details.
* All transactions will continue to be made though the golf shop sliding window, although we will now accept cash as well as cards.
* All scorecards will be printed out for you and staff will enter your score afterwards and hand the card back to you. Please don’t exchange scorecards. Keep your own score and get it verbally checked by your partner at the end of the round.
* Please don’t touch or remove flagsticks from holes. Putts of 30cm (12 inches) are to be given.
* All drinking fountains and ball washers are closed.
* Any shared equipment, including golf carts, must be thoroughly cleaned with sanitiser by the users after use.
* The clubhouse will be open, but you must wear a mask, scan in or provide your contact details and use the hand sanitiser provided before entering. You can take off your mask only to eat and drink. You must keep 2m apart from others. The maximum number that can be inside at any one time is 50 people. Please stay out of the bar and kitchen as only designated staff are allowed in those spaces.
* Please don’t all congregate on the front deck afterwards. Spread out.
Happy and safe golfing.