Wait for golf under level 3 decision

  • 31 August 2021
  • Peter Watson

Hi fellow golfers,


The golf course will remain closed until we know from government authorities whether we are allowed to re-open under Covid level 3 restrictions. Golf NZ expects to find this out today (Tuesday) or tomorrow (Wednesday) and if courses are permitted to open it will then send clubs the guidelines for doing so safely. I will then adapt and forward them onto you via email. You should also check our website and Facebook page regularly for updates.


If we are permitted to reopen, then there are certain to be strict rules, including only playing in your own home bubble, booking in advance, playing 9 holes only, teeing off only from No 1 at intervals, strictly limited practice time beforehand etc. These are designed to prevent groups mixing and milling around. Please follow the rules, which will be posted on our Facebook page and website.


The clubhouse, apart from the locker room, will remain closed until we get down to level 2, while only staff will be allowed in the golf shop and all transactions will be done through the sliding window. All players are urged to wear masks until they start their round.


The greenkeeper has been allowed to resume basic maintenance of the course since Monday so the greens and tee blocks have been mowed.  Please give way to him on the course and allow him to do his work without interruption.


I repeat that the course will remain closed until we receive official notification that we can reopen so please don’t come up here until you have been informed that bookings are open and you have made one. You can only book through the golf shop by ringing 5487301 or emailing waahitaakaroproshop@golf.co.nz


Thanks for your cooperation and patience.


Peter Watson
NBS Waahi Taakaro Golf Club
03 5487771

Share this post

Leave a comment


Email address

This is never shown to the public.